south of real
A downloadable game
The stars have come to reap, and you are out of time.
You--Alex--left home two years ago. The air reeks of dust, chemicals, and blood. Memories crawl wormlike under every surface. This was a mistake, perhaps, but you've come back. If you do not find something--anything at all--to stop the reaping, this is where you'll die.
No place like home.
South of Real is a short psychological horror game about memory, trauma, and the excuses we make for our actions.
(Note: South of Real contains content that may cause problems for some players. Content warnings are available here.)
- Explore a swiftly-unraveling world in search of answers.
- Dive into the horrors of your past.
- Thoroughly modern, extravagantly expensive soundtrack by the most popular musicians of our age.
- (that is a bald-faced lie please download my game.)
- Obligatory library, according to the stringent demands of the genre.
- You can set the table if you want.
- Sincere encouragement.
- Move on. Or don't.
- Game by Matthew B. Hare.
- Art resources by DEGICA, Sebastian Bini, and Matthew B. Hare.
- All other media from Wikimedia Commons, Archive.Org, and KADOKAWA.
- Pathfinding script by Theo Allen. Thanks, Theo!
- Save game script by Yanfly. Thanks to you too, Yanfly!
- Includes game, readme, and soundtrack (dig around in them thar files, you magnificent treasure hunter you!
- If downloading a ZIP file directly is inconvenient, a torrent has been provided.
More by Matthew B. Hare?
What an odd question! Are you--the person who's talking right now--asking me if I've made more stuff? Or to see more stuff? You should be less ambiguous with your writing, person who wrote that odd header.
Hopefully, that's what you were getting at. If not, shoot me a tweet! I might be able to answer your confusingly-worded header questions!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.